Fathers Day Tribute – Richard R Ransom 1933 – 2002
- When you quote him years after he’s gone.
- When his phrases permeate your vocabulary.
- When his Socratic way is part of how you parent and disciple.
- When you’d rather sing harmony than melody – because you like the results.
- When you tell stories and jokes, not because this person hasn’t heard this one, but because it’s a great story and you love to laugh.
- When you practice aloud when you’re going to speak, because it’s important that your words flow smoothly.
- When prayer’s dialogue threads its way through your day, not just morning and night.
- When you take greater delight in your kids’ accomplishments than your own.
- When love is why you do what you do and excellent is how you do it.
Thanks Dad, for influencing me more than anyone on Earth, and second to only One other in Heaven.