20 Observations on Worry
Yesterday’s focus in our worship @ Calvary Memorial Church (aka “Calvary Gering”) was
“Un-Stuck from Worry”, the next in our current Un-Stuck series. Here are the observations I shared at the beginning of our time together. To hear Gary’s Message Go to www.calvarygering.org and click on the current sermon series Icon, top left.
Worry: 20 observations
- Worry ignores that it wasn’t invited
- It sneaks in
- Then begins to follow you – everywhere.
- It invades your quiet moments –
even your time alone with God.
- It refuses to leave
- It doubts everything you know.
- It wonders at God – questions His goodness
- It cripples your faith
- Discredits your dreams
- Worry tells you there’s no way
- Disqualifies you from your own future.
- It imagines the worst
- Then makes it real.
- Worry changes the odds on you
- And stifles your dreams.
- It debilitates. Keeps you out of the game.
- It spray-paints “Why bother” across your front door
- Siphons the gas out of tomorrow’s tank
- Worry ruins you.
- And then it laughs at how weak it’s made you,
and how little your God is right now.
Psalm 42:5 (NIV)
5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.